Skip to main content
Another author interview, check it out!

http://ritaleechapman.com/guest-authors

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Home Invasion

                Thursday, August 29 th ,2019.                 This date had significance for me.   It was the day I planned to release my seventh book, Sins of the Child.   It was also the day for my office’s summer outing.   We were going on a sunset sail and my boyfriend, who is disabled due to MS and doesn’t leave the apartment often, was excited to attend.                   I awoke at 6:38, before my alarm went off at 6:45 AM.   I lay in bed contemplating staying there until it was time to get up, but I thought, “you have a very busy day ahead of you,” and heaved myself up.                 Eight minutes later, at 6:53 AM, (this was the time recorded by ou...

Shannon's Cheap Book Picks-The Institution by Dylan Steel

  We're all looking for our money's worth these days.  After all, if statistics are to be believed, our salaries have not significantly increased since the seventies, and yet inflation has risen over a 100%.  It costs thirty dollars to buy two cheeseburgers from your neighborhood greasy spoon.  We're all looking for ways to save money, and when times are tight, entertainment is the first category to take a hit.  In that spirit, and also in an effort to help my fellow authors (writing a book is hard work-marketing it, ten times harder), I'm going to share the best Indie books I'd read occasionally on my blog in a new installment, Shannon's Cheap Book Picks.        I discovered Dylan Steel's Sacrasvita series purely by accident.  I stumbled across the first book in one of the daily emails I receive for cheap books and downloaded it, since it sounded interested and was free.              The day my mo...

The Furor Surrounding One Dog's Sad Life

It is a picture that twists your heartstrings and brings a lump to your throat.   A dog, huddled into himself, emaciated, his ribs showing through his coat, nearly catatonic from starvation and neglect.   The name attached to the photo is a familiar one-Michelle DiGenarro, and her age is the same as mine, 44.                   I may know this woman, although I can’t place her.   I might have worked with her at one of the retail jobs I was employed at in the nineties.   If she’s who I’m thinking of, she gave off massive crazy vibes.   But that may not have even been her.                 My boyfriend thinks he may have gone to school with her, but he’s not sure either.   If so, she would have been a year or so ahead of him.             ...